The Best Community Museum in New Brunswick
ABOUT OUR MUSEUM
- Our Museum should be your first stop, not your last - we will orient you to the island and give you ideas about what to visit.
- Our mission is to increase awareness of the rich maritime heritage of Grand Manan Island and to preserve it for future generations of residents and those who visit our island home.
- We rely on various grants, volunteer help, donations, membership and admission income. We are supported by the Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture, Archaeology and Heritage Branch.
- We have extensive displays of natural and human history, inside and out - you won't be disappointed.
- Our tax free gift shop of local crafts and books has many unique items made right here in the Maritimes.
- We host an lecture series on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in July-August, and host many other special events.
- We are a great destination on a rainy or foggy day, but our air conditioned building is perfect on hot sunny days too.
- We are dog friendly, so please bring your pet in with you.